PDA

View Full Version : CPanel For VPS?

TheCreator
02-15-2012, 11:02 PM
I saw a few days back a host offering a VPS with CPanel optimized for vps.So I would appreciate if anybody here can please tell me what is difference between a cpanel optimized for vps than normal CPanel version?

BJ008
02-16-2012, 12:34 AM
I think that it is a special version of cpanel which is modified to give best performance in virtualized environment which might not be possible with a standard cpanel version which runs on a dedicated.

luckyshah283
03-15-2012, 02:21 AM
There is actually no difference with Cpanel for VPS and normal cpanel then basic changes ...

cpanel is just cpanel its makes no difference just to which it runs in a VPS or a dedicated .. ...

DarkRider
03-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Yep cpanel for vps is just a another version of classic cpanel which is optimized to work efficiently on vps but that doesn't make any difference to its functionality for the end user.

For hosting buyers it is same.

tobiasschnell
03-23-2012, 08:07 PM
basically cpanel is control panel and there is no difference of cpanel for vps or for a dedicated. the functionality is same in both.

nick
03-30-2012, 01:18 PM
Cpanel is the control panel we use for maintaining the website. There is no difference between cpanel whether it is for vps, shared or dedicated. but if you will use different cpanel in different host server then it may be that we can look some difference due to service provided by cpanel will differ to each other.

dikertrome
05-02-2012, 01:53 PM
I just idea about cPanel is that it will allow you to sell web hosting to clients and develop web hosting reseller accounts to sell to other resellers. Acquiring a license for your virtual private server is a sound investment, and that is just one of the factors we are proud to offer WHM to VPS link customers.

BJ008
05-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Hey I think you are bit mistaken cpanel is used for server managment and resource allocation on the server where as WHM is used to provide a online interface for people to buy products from you it is basically like a well integrated ticket system but you can't use it in place of cpanel for server managment.

cupid
12-09-2012, 06:38 PM
no different in version, vps license just cost less.

webhosting11
12-18-2012, 11:22 AM
If all you really need is to have a reliable place to host your website, and a couple email accounts, then chances are good the VPS and it's responsibilities are not what you need. A reliable shared or managed host of some kind would be a better option for you.

zita
12-18-2012, 12:08 PM
I saw a few days back a host offering a VPS with CPanel optimized for vps.So I would appreciate if anybody here can please tell me what is difference between a cpanel optimized for vps than normal CPanel version?

cPanel VPS Optimized is for VPS servers.

cPanel/WHM Accelerated is for Dedicated Servers, which generally have more resources available to them.

Both are functionally identical, but the VPS optimized version will automatically optimize itself for VPS environments. VPS licenses cannot be used on dedicated servers.

jenyforex3
03-12-2013, 03:42 PM
VPS Optimized is a version of cPanel available for use to customers whom purchase a VPS license.
With cPanel’s VPS Optimized, you receive the same features and functionality as cPanel.
VPS Optimized allows you to run cPanel smoothly within the memory constraints of a VPS.

zita
03-18-2013, 04:33 PM
Yes, I do agree with this "I think that it is a special version of cpanel which is modified to give best performance in virtualized environment which might not be possible with a standard cpanel version which runs on a dedicated."

ultimatehostings
08-30-2013, 09:07 AM
It's simple it's for a VPS. :)