PDA

View Full Version : how much investment you would require for starting a file hosting service ?

luckyshah283
03-26-2012, 01:30 AM
I have been thinking about this thing lately and wanted to know that what would be the amount of investment needed to start and run and a file hosting provider service providing free service for starters and also a paid servers ..

With all the things require .... there are thousands of file hosting script which are available for free so the thing left is a server ...

so what do you guys think about this ?

tobiasschnell
03-26-2012, 03:11 PM
luckyshah283, i would suggest you to start with a little investment and then go to big. because now you are gong to start thus there is 50-50 chances thus dont put all your money i this. as start with very limited budget and then exceed it if needed.

luckyshah283
03-27-2012, 11:13 PM
Yeah i think the good idea is to start off with a VPS and then increase the resources as needed ... the first thing i gotta find is vps provider that allows file hosting .. that does not come cheap ...and also to ask them the need to increase the resources as needed ..

And then if it raises to the highest ... i will get a dedicated server ...

Hows that ?

nick
03-28-2012, 11:51 AM
Its fantastic idea luckyshah283, first take the vps one and as the resources increases, you should switch from vps to dedicated.

FileHost
03-29-2012, 02:08 PM
I don't know if a free file hosting script will be good enough. Usually most of the free ones are unsupported anymore and in case your website gets big you will have to find a developer to modify it to your needs. I suggest going with a paid script, PM me if you need one. :)

nick
03-29-2012, 02:34 PM
I think free file hosting is good for a limited time only, in starting a business you can use this. But being as a free, it provide various limitations and thus in future when your business grow you need to expand your resources and can not afford free hosting and will switch to paid hosting.

luckyshah283
03-30-2012, 05:12 PM
I don't know if a free file hosting script will be good enough. Usually most of the free ones are unsupported anymore and in case your website gets big you will have to find a developer to modify it to your needs. I suggest going with a paid script, PM me if you need one.

I think free file hosting is good for a limited time only, in starting a business you can use this. But being as a free, it provide various limitations and thus in future when your business grow you need to expand your resources and can not afford free hosting and will switch to paid hosting.

Yup you both are right about that bro ... but i think that some small script can also handle good amount of traffic .. i mean look at the script that Jumbofiles.com is using .. i have that script and it seems to work perfectly okay for them ..

But yeah i do agree .. that i will need some developer to continuously work on the betterment of the script .... thats what drives the web ... continous development is keen for success

nick
03-31-2012, 10:53 AM
Actually i would like to know which technology has been used in developing Jumbofiles. As i have a team of professional developers, they can help you in updating the scripts at regular interval of time.

Johnmorrison
04-18-2012, 10:43 PM
I have been thinking about this thing lately and wanted to know that what would be the amount of investment needed to start and run and a file hosting provider service providing free service for starters and also a paid servers ..

With all the things require .... there are thousands of file hosting script which are available for free so the thing left is a server ...

Making a decision about any business is not a childish game so you need to have enough stats about the market condition and the opportunities in the business to proceed.Than comes the decision about the scale of operation.

DarkRider
04-19-2012, 03:33 PM

I would say it would be better to stay away from this business even though it have potential but eventually your hosting will be abused as most of the hosting sites are being abused now and then you will face the opposition of various copyright owner even though you will try to follow DMCA at you best.

Johnmorrison
04-20-2012, 11:37 PM
Yes,Dark rider you are absolutely right.There is no doubt that you have plenty of stuff but you must allow free sign ups to promote,there are thousands of files uploaded per day with 90% plus file don't fit the copy right laws.

jacksonsfreeman
07-19-2012, 12:36 AM
If you really want to start a file hosting service business then you need a advice. So first meet the expert person who have already in this field. He will surely gives you a advice for file hosing business.