PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

dotexe
01-21-2010, 12:26 AM
What do you guys recommand as the best CMS for a Clan site?

I was wondering, maybe Joomla?

nuwanda
02-05-2010, 10:23 PM
have u tried http://www.clantiger.com/

mosimo
02-06-2010, 02:05 AM
If you have the money VBulletin is good, lots of addons for CMS etc which can be used to clan stuff.

PHPbb also have a nice CMS that my clan are currently using too.

RosenCruz
02-06-2010, 03:46 AM
What do you guys recommand as the best CMS for a Clan site?

I was wondering, maybe Joomla?

Drupal or Joomla...Many skins and add ons around...

junkie
02-24-2010, 08:48 PM
joomla should be the best cms for you, cause it got plug-ins just for the need of a gaming clan

online.person
03-22-2010, 02:56 AM
What kind of clan site you are looking for.

My experience with different CMS:

1. Joomla:
Plus: Very nice design. Lot of extensions that take care of most of the needs. Very vibrant community. Very popular.
Minus: Little cumbersome to maintain. Difficult to move on to different host. Do not have multisite option except using paid extension.

2. Drupal:
Plus: Great for big sites. Multisite option so you install once but have multiple site. Maintain these from one place but still have different template and additional plugins for specific one only
Minus: Not that great templates available. Off late has become less vibrant

3. Wordpress:
Yea you will jump on me that Wordpress is blogging software and not CMS. But off late it is fast growing in CMS.

Plus: Very easy to install and maintain. Great themes and log of plugin available
Minus: After all it is not full fledged CMS

syedqurat
10-21-2011, 03:44 PM
I want to ask same answer.
And can any one tell me any joomla tutorial website because i am new in joomla i dont know how to used.

Don Quixote
10-21-2011, 10:47 PM
Why go for Joomla? I believe Wordpress can get the job done faster. With a much shorter learning curve, too.

dtexperts
11-29-2011, 02:35 PM
You can use joomla,drupal and wordpress.But it depends on you how do you want to make it.If you
want it like a blog then wordpress is perfect.

inctutor
11-30-2011, 04:20 AM
Well if you going to use Joomla I am can help you out with your questions. but also I can suggest you wordpress its a nice tool as well. some say its better than Joomla.
For me Joomla is the best.
To be honest now I am codign my own site from scrach coz its a final year project, haha

zeetech
12-19-2011, 01:32 AM
Joomla is rated the best cms system by techies and webmasters around the world . Go for joomla as it has many extensions and easy to use by any individual .

mehedi
12-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Use anything but it is depends on you. for blogging wordpress is best. joomla is best for cms. they are best for their site. what you want? it is depend on you.

albert
01-23-2012, 01:02 PM
You may use Joomla or word-press also... It depends what you like the most.. I have also seen a link in the thread that is also useful for the sake of getting info....

frank adams
01-26-2012, 09:19 PM
VBulletin is good and I consider is as the best CMS for a Clan site and yes Joomla is also suitable for a clan site.You can use both of them but VBulletin is a little expensive.

Stachart
01-27-2012, 04:40 AM
joomla is one of the best, easy to use, open source, powerful and limitless! you can use it to build any kind of site do you want! vbulletin is mostly used for forum!

moin11
02-04-2012, 09:46 AM
I want to know that How i can use Joomla,drupal and wordpress for this purpose.Can dtexperts, you tell me this process in detail?