PDA

View Full Version : TheHostingTool

MustangV10
09-04-2011, 08:25 PM
What's your opinion on TheHostingTool? Do you like it? Or do you dislike it? If so, why?

Have you ever used it and do you find it offers everything you need it to?

Sentry
09-05-2011, 02:18 AM
When I used to run a post for host, I used the hosting tool. It's brilliant, and it's easy to modify. I'd happily choose it over all paid hosting scripts out there, including WHMCS. It's really light and easy to skin too.

MustangV10
09-05-2011, 02:33 PM
When I used to run a post for host, I used the hosting tool. It's brilliant, and it's easy to modify. I'd happily choose it over all paid hosting scripts out there, including WHMCS. It's really light and easy to skin too.

It's good, but I'd never go as far as using it over WHMCS. Nothing that I've used has beaten WHMCS, yet.

neverforget98
09-07-2011, 01:28 AM
I think it needs more skins released, and maybe they should have a paid version with more features, such as overselling settings, and stuff like that. I like it the way it is, but it could use some improvements, and a paid version with extra features would be extremely nice. I still use THT for now. And it is so easy to work with.

MustangV10
09-07-2011, 12:02 PM
I think it needs more skins released, and maybe they should have a paid version with more features, such as overselling settings, and stuff like that. I like it the way it is, but it could use some improvements, and a paid version with extra features would be extremely nice. I still use THT for now. And it is so easy to work with.

Definitely, however if you're offering Paid only hosting, it's good to use WHMCS or another paid suite, as it looks more professional. Using THT for paid hosting wouldn't look or feel right in my opinion, for free hosting, it's perfect and I'd use it.

neverforget98
09-08-2011, 12:58 AM
Definitely, however if you're offering Paid only hosting, it's good to use WHMCS or another paid suite, as it looks more professional. Using THT for paid hosting wouldn't look or feel right in my opinion, for free hosting, it's perfect and I'd use it.
I use it for Post2Host and paid. I mean, once we get going, we'll probably switch to WHMCS.

MustangV10
09-08-2011, 11:55 AM
I use it for Post2Host and paid. I mean, once we get going, we'll probably switch to WHMCS.

I would switch as soon as you can, looks like the price has gone down, WHMCS is only $11.95 per month from LicensePal now, I believe that's for the the first month though, after that it goes up to $15.95 a month, I believe, or possibly $14.95, can't remember without logging in to paypal and looking.

SH - Conor
09-09-2011, 09:51 PM
For free and P2H its great! I knew 2 of the staff that developed it (from my experience on the MyBB team) however it just doesn't have that "pull2 factor that WHMCS does.

MustangV10
09-11-2011, 06:23 PM
For free and P2H its great! I knew 2 of the staff that developed it (from my experience on the MyBB team) however it just doesn't have that "pull2 factor that WHMCS does.

I always thought it was developed by someone from MyBB due to the theme, it reminds me of a MyBB theme..Can't remember which one now..

Shawn
09-11-2011, 06:29 PM
TheHostingTool looks pretty nice. It being free is a plus too. Something good to possible use for new peoples to learn the trade :) I may check it out myself and tinker with it.

Norwood
10-02-2011, 01:37 PM
I am also using the same, Post2Host and paid.
Let me know another good host.. I'll highly appreciate your answer..

Chris Grigg
10-04-2011, 01:59 AM
I have used THT before in the past. I find it not so user friendly and complicated sometimes. I currently use ClientExec. I have used WHMCS and HostBill in the past.

moonpeach
10-04-2011, 11:39 AM
I've used started using the THT and it seems okay, i've not looked in depth but from what i can see on the outside it looks alright.

vinod gurjar
11-29-2011, 01:33 AM
TheHostingTool is aiming to provide the next generation in free, hosting applications. It provides you, the webhost, near complete automation on everything you want it to do. So that means, sign up, monthly posts checking, suspension, and termination. While it does that, it provides client features, like the client control panel that gives the clients the power to manage their account.