PDA

View Full Version : What is cloud hosting?

Mika
08-17-2011, 09:57 PM
What is cloud hosting what does that means?

host
08-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Cloud hosting means that your site is hosted by multiple servers and the servers may sometimes be located in different locations

neverforget98
09-03-2011, 09:47 PM
It means your website is duplicated across multiple servers which guarantees 100% uptime because if one server goes down, you have the other ones. Say you have 5 servers with your cloud hosting, 1 goes down, you still have 4. What if 4/5 go out? You have 1 left, and I highly doubt that'll happen, and there is a very low chance that all of them will go out.

MustangV10
09-03-2011, 11:05 PM
It means your website is duplicated across multiple servers which guarantees 100% uptime because if one server goes down, you have the other ones. Say you have 5 servers with your cloud hosting, 1 goes down, you still have 4. What if 4/5 go out? You have 1 left, and I highly doubt that'll happen, and there is a very low chance that all of them will go out.

If the UPS in the DC went down though, then all the servers would simply shut down. I've never really researched into Cloud hosting. Are the servers meant to be located in different DC's?

neverforget98
09-04-2011, 02:49 AM
If the UPS in the DC went down though, then all the servers would simply shut down. I've never really researched into Cloud hosting. Are the servers meant to be located in different DC's?
Yes, I believe they are supposed to be in different DC's. So, that's why I highly doubt they would all be down at once.

MustangV10
09-04-2011, 01:30 PM
Yes, I believe they are supposed to be in different DC's. So, that's why I highly doubt they would all be down at once.

These guys offer Cloud hosting for their shared plans, that's pretty cool in my opinion. http://www.site5.com/hosting/cloud/ - I may consider them one day.

neverforget98
09-05-2011, 12:59 AM
These guys offer Cloud hosting for their shared plans, that's pretty cool in my opinion. http://www.site5.com/hosting/cloud/ - I may consider them one day.
Once I get the money I was planning on using cloud hosting, and I'll check them out. Thanks.

res1122
09-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Cloud hosting benefits the users from various angles. It’s scalability and cost efficient is the commonly known advantages. As the technology is highly scalable (load balancing, hardware upgrades, etc), website expansion can be done with minimum limitations. Think about the hassle of migrating your website from a shared server to a dedicated server; think about server crash when your website experienced a sudden surge – all these problem can be avoided easily by switching to cloud hosting.

MustangV10
09-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Running a hosting business:

Cloud VPS + CloudLinux + LiteSpeed Web Server + CSF Firewall + Mod Security = A pretty secure and stable hosting environment.

I want to do that one day. I have a CloudLinux license that's paid for, for 6 months (I got 5 months free as their technicians screwed up my server), sadly I can't run the damn software on my server since it doesn't support Virtuozzo (I purchased the license when I was on a VPS service that supported a virtualization type for CloudLinux).

neverforget98
09-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Running a hosting business:

Cloud VPS + CloudLinux + LiteSpeed Web Server + CSF Firewall + Mod Security = A pretty secure and stable hosting environment.

I want to do that one day. I have a CloudLinux license that's paid for, for 6 months (I got 5 months free as their technicians screwed up my server), sadly I can't run the damn software on my server since it doesn't support Virtuozzo (I purchased the license when I was on a VPS service that supported a virtualization type for CloudLinux).
You'd think it would support Virtuozzo, wouldn't you? I don't see why they wouldn't have it supporting that.

MustangV10
09-05-2011, 08:07 PM
You'd think it would support Virtuozzo, wouldn't you? I don't see why they wouldn't have it supporting that.

It's going to be supported some time this year apparently, I'm subscribed to the mailing list so I'll be notified when it's compatible. It is strange how they don't support it though, they're just loosing potential customers.

jamesbala
09-05-2011, 08:51 PM
top warez forums use cloud hosting,they need to hide themselves in different locations ,so that they are not caught by cops

Cezz
09-06-2011, 12:54 AM
Cloud hosting is a very common term used to describe various different potential setups these days and it can be very confusing...

There is probably more but the methods I know of that seem to be classed as cloud hosting are, server instance spread across multiple machines (this is normally done in one DC) allowing you to use the power of each of the servers coupled as if they were just one powerful unit, and allows you to expand or contract the server as you wish by adding or removing resources! Static resources served from multiple machines from many different DC's and in some cases different countries, this way you can always server the data from which ever server is closest to the user!

jamesbala
09-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Cloud hosting is a very common term used to describe various different potential setups these days and it can be very confusing...

There is probably more but the methods I know of that seem to be classed as cloud hosting are, server instance spread across multiple machines (this is normally done in one DC) allowing you to use the power of each of the servers coupled as if they were just one powerful unit, and allows you to expand or contract the server as you wish by adding or removing resources! Static resources served from multiple machines from many different DC's and in some cases different countries, this way you can always server the data from which ever server is closest to the user!

Nice reply.where can i get cloud hosting servers??

MustangV10
09-07-2011, 11:56 AM
top warez forums use cloud hosting,they need to hide themselves in different locations ,so that they are not caught by cops

I really did Facepalm at this. That's not the case at all, there are multiple ways the site could be caught out on, i.e. WHOIS lookups for the owner's details (usually they'd be smart enough to pay for WHOIS privacy though, although law enforcement agencies could easily get the data), tracerts, etc.

Maddy
09-17-2011, 04:15 AM
Cloud hosting may sound like shared hosting as you are looking at hosting service shared among several websites. However, there are a lot of differences defining the superiority of cloud hosting.

Shared hosting handles your web application and associated data on one big server along with tens and possibly hundreds of other websites owned by other people or companies. You are exposed to security risk and share among other websites the bandwidth available to that one server.

In cloud hosting, all websites and web applications are uploaded and shared across the entire infrastructure. The service provider decides which sites need processing power and bandwidth by detecting in real time how much traffic they are receiving. This setup provides lots of space capacity in the system. If your website suddenly requires processing power and bandwidth, the service provider then responds in real time by adding the resources required

chromid
09-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Nice reply.where can i get cloud hosting servers??

There are many hosting company providing cloud hosting. Just say, Gogrid, Rackspace, even Godaddy also offering this Product.

Marker1
10-14-2011, 03:28 AM
Cloud Hosting offers instantly scalable compute power, bandwidth and storage. websites hosted in the cloud are able to grow without the normal hardware restrictions

Basil
11-18-2011, 04:13 PM
The cloud hosting is meant to host multiple server under one unit.... This is severally used in business to make the communication between the customer and the business...! Thanks for giving chance to make a reply...!

bruce1
11-19-2011, 01:14 AM
The most important thing to remember is that hardware is no longer your main focus with cloud hosting. You new main focus is your web site. Cloud hosting is easy to scale to meet your demand. Cloud hosting provides computing power when you need it. Cloud hosting only requires you to pay for what you use.
Subscribe

Basil
11-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Multiple servers under the belt to make the bond among the related community.... This is the popular hosting method used in business...!

mehedi
12-18-2011, 11:49 AM
cloud hosting provides us with server clustering. As a substitute of using the rule of one server, you have admittance to the command of several; linked collectively through revelation.

saad safdar
01-24-2012, 11:55 AM
21Cloud computing is the delivery of computing as a service rather than a product, whereby shared resources, software, and information are provided to computers and other devices as a metered service over a network cloud (typically the Internet).

albert
01-25-2012, 04:02 AM
Thanks to all members who have shared that much great info in the thread I also have same idea about cloud hosting and now I feel like I should keep quite to agree with all of you...

albert
01-25-2012, 10:33 PM
I think its time that Cloud Hosting/Computing be given its own main forum instead of being a sub-topic under "specialty". Cloud is no longer a specialty and is a platform being adopted by tens of thousands and seeing huge market growth not only in the SMB segment but largely the enterprise as well.

frank adams
01-27-2012, 05:47 AM
Thanks friends I like the way you have shared the knowledge with us here. It is very useful info and I appreciate your level of knowledge..

moin11
01-27-2012, 07:05 PM
In cloud hosting you can host your web site on different servers.It gives you 100% uptime if one sever will be down there is other server to stop your website down.