PDA

View Full Version : Why would/do you...

MustangV10
09-30-2011, 11:54 AM
...use a VPS over Shared hosting?

For me, I'd use a VPS over shared hosting since you have less limits, none of those CPU / execution time limits, those are the worst.

What about you?

MustangV10
09-30-2011, 08:59 PM
It depends on how big your website is, some times heavy websites are not able to work fien in vps as vps is overloaded when such websites are online, in such cases even after limits in shared hosting your website is always up as they use high end servers.

VPS' don't seem to see strain from other VPS' on the node too badly in my opinion...at least, that's never happened to me and I've used several VPS' before and kept 100% uptime with no speed issues.

moonpeach
10-01-2011, 02:28 AM
Well for me it depends what is it for, for me a VPS over shared means that you have more control over the server and able to restart it whenever you want and install whatever you want really to it.

AngelicDevilTel
10-17-2011, 06:13 AM
It depends on what I'm hosting, if its a full content HTML/CSS website or a simple script shared hosting is good enough
If its a more complex script that needs more requirements than a free host can give you then a VPS is the way to go

NetSage
10-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Umm, personally never really needed one. I just loved the freedom they offer. I can change what I want and mess around. Like I offered some free hosting to friends. Or, set up a voice server just to do it really.

Although I will admit you will see a vast improvement in performance for larger scripts like Drupal and stuff.

moin11
01-26-2012, 11:17 AM
I am agree with madihrb some times big and heavy websites are down due to over load on them but in the shared hosting your web site never down because they use high end servers.

Stachart
01-26-2012, 07:08 PM
i'll use sharing till my need remain as they are right now! i'm just hosting a simple website with a forum, a catalog market, a video sharing, a blog and a game script! vps will ask me more time for managing

frank adams
01-27-2012, 05:19 AM
Thanks friends for sharing so beautiful thread over here. I hope we can get some more about this topic if it can be discussed in detailed.

tobiasschnell
02-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Both hosting are good but purpose matter for each. Like it depends on the site we are hosting which one will be suitable for that. If i am developing static, Html no CMS normal site then shared hosting will be good. But if there is much data on site full of complex CMS, then i have to need VPS hosting for more control on it.
Thus both are suitable as per their need.

TheCreator
02-11-2012, 12:31 AM
Ill go for a vps because it gives me freedom to use custom scripts which are considered cpu hungry at least for personal use.Plus it gives me access to root which give me much more freedom and can help me in increasing functionality and efficienty of my website.By allowing me to modify applications running environment to meet its requirements.