PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take you to master a VPS?

MustangV10
09-30-2011, 11:56 AM
I think it takes most people anywhere from a year to about 3 years. I'm not a VPS expert, I've only been using one for the best part of 2-4 months and I know what I need to know, I know the basics and a few more advanced bits, such as commands.

So, how long did it take you to master a VPS?

moonpeach
10-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Well for me i wouldent say im a complete expert but each time i use a VPS i do improve, i do know quite abit about VPS's although im not a master, for example im still earning on the SSH system

AngelicDevilTel
10-17-2011, 05:57 AM
I've only been working on my VPS a few weeks (roughly about 5 weeks)
I am far from being an expert but it hasn't taken me long to have a handle on my unmanaged VPS.

NetSage
10-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Master? Never...

Being able to set one up by myself and be able to manage it decently well a few months (but I set it up a quite a few times :D).

If you're only using it for a LAMP like set up once it's installed for the most part it will be simple.

tonylee93
10-27-2011, 09:02 AM
I didn`t master it ...but I jumped into it not to long ago and overall, I have to say that as long as you have motivation and you don`t just sit there waiting for something to happen and you get up and do it yourself you`ll find success a lot more possible. I believe that if you slack in the first place and you do not listen then your mistakes will happen over and over again. So never give up and if something doesn`t work the first time then try it the second time!

moin11
01-26-2012, 10:56 AM
I am just newbie in using the VPS.I am also looking for experience in VPS.So I can not say how long did it take you to master a VPS.

Stachart
01-26-2012, 06:57 PM
I am just newbie in using the VPS.I am also looking for experience in VPS.So I can not say how long did it take you to master a VPS.
are you already using virtual private server? i thought you searched for one, you already find it? what was your choice? i'm not in need of vps, prefer just dedicated ip

frank adams
01-27-2012, 05:24 AM
Don't have Idea about that. may be if I concentrate on it I can learn it sooner. so It is not a hard and fast rule to learn in 3 years..

BJ008
02-14-2012, 11:21 PM
I started to use VPS a few weeks ago and I learn new things everyday.So I'll say I am learning basics of VPS and its managment.Very far to be called an Xpert ;)

syedqurat
02-15-2012, 09:36 PM
I thing require 6 month. for Goo experience.

TheCreator
02-15-2012, 10:47 PM
Hey syedqurat are you using a vps or you are going to learn it or you just told your expected time to learn vps management if started it in future?

luckyshah283
03-18-2012, 03:58 PM
well for me its been about 3 month but i am still not a master at managing a vps .. damn its a big concept and i have a lot to understand ..

For me shared hosting is a bit too good but i dont like restriction thats why i was gone over to VPS and i know the basics of managing a vps but still a lot to learn ...

DarkRider
03-19-2012, 06:02 PM
I am currently not using a vps currently learning about linux just using a linux distro specifically ubuntu on my comp.But I have been using it for a few weeks so I am sure it is going to take a few months for me to get more comfortable with managing a vps.