PDA

View Full Version : When can we use HTML5?

telp
09-11-2011, 11:52 AM
I've only programmed in regular HTML, which I think is HTML4. Anyways, about HTML5 I was wondering if any websites use it now or if we have to wait for the World Wide Web to release it to us? Any idea on when HTML5 will be standardized? I think HTML5 is a good idea because it encompasses HTML4, XHTML1, and Javascript. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this. Also, is Google code popular or is a dead idea? Thanks in advanced! Cheers!

Ptolemaios
09-16-2011, 07:43 AM
Youtube has already implemented an experimental version of HTML5 in their video player.

You can test it here: http://www.youtube.com/html5

Maddy
09-17-2011, 04:28 AM
WOw, thanks for sharing this link ptolemaios..

Ptolemaios
09-17-2011, 04:35 AM
No problem. Tell me what you think about their new HTML5 player.

el canadiano
09-20-2011, 03:09 PM
Start now. Guys like XenForo, for example, are using some parts of it already.

Inphex
09-20-2011, 10:03 PM
Thanks for posting that HTML YouTube thing, that's nice.

syedqurat
10-16-2011, 06:40 PM
In the programming globe, it can be not easy to figure out what new technologies to adopt and which ones you should wait on and see how they do. Fortunately with HTML5 the guess work is taken out. HTML5 is being backed by both Apple and Google, two of the largest, most influential companies in the IT industry. If they say it is important and are backing their development with this technology, it means there will be a big adoption wave - which is really important in emerging technologies.

flotwig
10-17-2011, 02:10 AM
Most modern browsers support HTML5 quite well at this point. However, there are still a lot of people who are using old versions of Internet Explorer and stuff like that. To fix that, redirect people who use old browsers to a page that tells them to upgrade or to a site that is old HTML.

karoshio
10-17-2011, 07:21 AM
Start using it right now, it's great. I first started HTML when I was 10 and now using HTML5 I love it. It just expands what you can do so much. And really, most browsers are fine with it now so there's not reason not to be trying it out for something.

NetSage
10-17-2011, 12:57 PM
HTML5 is pretty well supported. I would say start using the semantic changes now with html5 shim on there.

It's also built in a way that you can even use the more advantage features like video with easily having flash or something to fall back on.

If you already have a good understanding of html in general I would recommend you pick up HTML5 for Web Designers. There is also one that goes along side it for CSS3 which is nice as well.

syedqurat
10-21-2011, 05:08 PM
any one here expert html5 or any blog or article link kindly share with me i want to work with html5 basic and professional level.

ackleygodfrey
04-13-2012, 10:58 AM
If you want to develop fantastic and easy driven web application then you could use the HTML5. I have too used into my blog and it makes me more attractive to work over the application development.