PDA

View Full Version : DirectAdmin?

NetSage
10-17-2011, 01:06 PM
It doesn't seem to have any love around here.

Personally I find it better than cPanel in every way. It has pretty much all the same features (without some of the useless ones IMO). It's lighter on the server so it can be used for hosting the sites instead of the Control Panel. And, to top it off it's cheaper.

What more can you ask for honestly?

MyDigitalpoint
10-18-2011, 01:50 AM
My first VPS experience was getting a box with DirectAadmin installed and it was truly hard for me to learn how to use it being familiar with Cpanel/WHM, Ensim and Plesk first, but using reseller accounts, but being unable to pay for the license of these when I moved to a VPS.

Threfore, I stopped using DirectAdmin and began to use Webmin, even harder in the beginning but with software improvement through the years, a great choice for me.

However, a few months ago I was given with a cloud hosting account with full DirectAdmin access and I'm surprised to see how much has improved this control panel, in fact I really love it now and, even in a shared hosting account, it gives you the ability to change your host name if you need to change the main domain for another.

This is not possible for an end user with any other of the control panels since it's necessary raise a support ticket and aske for the domain change. With DirectAdmin this action can be do it without compromising the root level access so I guess there are many other powerful options when being the root admin.

vinod gurjar
11-29-2011, 01:24 AM
Direct Admin server management plan provides you unlimited admin work on Directadmin hosting servers. Let your server be CentOS, Fedora or RHEL Our experts are available 24x7 to provide you top class service at the lowest prices possible.

mehedi
12-19-2011, 11:12 PM
Right now I use webmin. before it I used cpanel. but I never tryed DirectAdmin. webmin easy to use for me. I feel pleasure to use it. Everyone need to use it.

SolidShellSecurity
01-01-2012, 02:21 AM
Using DA I've found their ways a little more different then cPanel but every panel has it's pros and cons.

frank adams
01-22-2012, 09:37 PM
Direct Admin is not found good any where... I dont think it is so good, its better to use Cpanel....

luckyshah283
03-31-2012, 12:56 PM
Direct Admin is not found good any where... I dont think it is so good, its better to use Cpanel....

its not like that ... i have seen many people who still use Direct Admin ... But as for personal experience .. i like Cpanel .. ad have never used Direct Admin

But that doesnt mean that i dont like it ...

For most of them it is used because its Cheaper then Cpanel

nick
03-31-2012, 03:01 PM
I am not agree with frank adams, Direct Admin is also there and good and many person are using this also. it is my choice that i like cpanel, but Direct Admin is also good.