So which one of these do you prefer?

- CentOS
- Debian
- Ubuntu
- Slackware
- Gentoo
- Windows
- Mac

Personally I like CentOS; mainly because its the only one I've worked with on a VPS,
I have double booted my laptop with Windows and Ubuntu but I have never used either one for a VPS before.

Kelvin.D
10-18-2011, 11:30 AM
Its depend on you and what is your familiar with the os. some say centos is best. some say debian based os is best. so it was deppend on what you need. I'm personally a CentOS lover. I also like using Debian or Ubuntu if its for a personal desktop.

bruce1
10-28-2011, 09:47 PM
CentOS is considered to be the most reliable and stable OS for VPS's.This is recommended by most of the web hosting providers as well.

tonylee93
10-30-2011, 08:48 AM
I prefer windows honestly but mac is killing some butt and taking names.. They are going so far ... and it is impressive if you ask me ... I think for the stuff you want to do it is important to have windows and then when it come`s to doing things a bit more fancy mac is the way to do it.. I mean have you seen the mac computer graphics compared to windows graphics and graphic card in general! mac wins with that!

libertyreservehosting
10-30-2011, 01:36 PM
It all depends upon what purpose are you using VPS for
But I personally prefer CentOS

tonylee93
10-30-2011, 11:12 PM
It all depends upon what purpose are you using VPS for
But I personally prefer CentOS

Exactly, some people these days don`t ask for to much and others ask for the world (even though you are going to pay a great amount for it) If you need a little go with a hosting plan that will be just as much as you need.. if you need a lot make a budge on what you want to spend and go for it!

zealvora
10-31-2011, 07:31 AM
most people use CentOS, Windows is expensive, all the hosting provider i have encountered to, use CentOS, so it should be reliable and good enough :)

tonylee93
10-31-2011, 08:47 AM
Even though windows is expensive isn`t it great to how it all works? I think it`s worth it! And I haven`t heard of CentOS yet so I would like to look into that one before judging it for me! Im sure it`s great if you said that all the providers you have met use it!

AngelicDevilTel
10-31-2011, 04:21 PM
All the hosts I see usually use CentOS, Debian, or Ubuntu.
CentOS is the only one I have worked with on a server and I have Ubuntu on my laptop which is awesome
but I am going to experiment with using Ubuntu and apt-get (instead of wget) it shouldn't be much harder.

zealvora
11-01-2011, 06:10 PM
its just CentOs everywhere. Its the most common OS.

Not seen Debian used much though, nor Ubuntu. Hardly seen windows :P

vinod gurjar
11-29-2011, 12:23 AM
hi,
i think best vps operating system CentOS, Debian, Fedora Cor.
Debian is the most light weight, so you'd probably end up with the best performance.

mehedi
12-20-2011, 08:18 AM
The largest part of the host using centos as their invention server os due to its user friendly and effortless to switch and also full with resources,centos can support almost all the third party software...............

John786
01-09-2012, 01:21 PM
For using vps centos is the best one to use and for other purpose Windows is the best

syedqurat
01-09-2012, 07:32 PM
CentOS is affordable and best for me.

anilkamble
01-12-2012, 03:16 PM
ubuntu is the best os and reliable one i am using in my vps.

moin11
01-25-2012, 08:14 PM
Although windows is the expensive but windows is the best Operating system.I am using it and I have no problem with it.