PDA

View Full Version : What do you use cloud hosting for?

tonylee93
11-01-2011, 08:57 AM
Many people use many things what do you use cloud hosting for? Anything special?

bruce1
11-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Web 2.0 Companies

Planning on being the next Facebook or Wikipedia? Use our platform and keep your startup costs low whilst being on a utility computing platform capable of scaling to a highly redundant enterprise grade hosting architecture from the outset.

Well-designed applications can be scaled 10X to 20X without code changes or reintegration. And there's no complex integration or capital expense for adoption.
Software-as-a-service (Saas) Companies

Software firms developing new web applications can minimize their go-to-market cost with the ability to copy, deploy and maintain hundreds of instances of their application within the cloud.

By enabling you to deploy individual copies of applications for your subscribers, the need for multi-tenancy in most applications is eliminated. Applications can therefore be brought to market quicker and with smaller teams.
Hosting Resellers & Web Developers

If you sell hosting services or design web sites for your customers, use our redundant platform as your infrastructure and host multiple web sites on a single cloud server. Scale your resources as you add more customers to the platform to keep your startup costs low.
High Traffic Sites & Online Stores

Run a busy e-commerce store, or have huge numbers of visitors? Move to the cloud and significantly reduce your infrastructure costs compared with similarly built hardware equivilants, without compromising on performance.

tonylee93
11-09-2011, 07:53 AM
You can really use a cloud host server for anything it seems, I mean look at facebook and twitter these days! But anyways I would use it for business related items such as working or networking with a few buddys of mine I would use it for that type of stuff. ALso for paypal payments and if I had high volume traffic coming to my site and all.

mehedi
12-18-2011, 11:53 AM
cloud hosting is use for Web 2.0 Companies,Software-as-a-service (Saas) Companies,Hosting Resellers & Web Developers,High Traffic Sites & Online Stores...............

albert
01-25-2012, 04:17 AM
Clouding hosting is used to secure the data and to access it rapidly from different locations at the same time. I think this the best way of having faster data access through multiple channels..

Stachart
01-25-2012, 10:08 AM
i think people use cloud because of its way to allow large traffics and a better uptime for a website! with the concept of cloud in server, they feel them more secure!

moin11
01-27-2012, 05:15 PM
Cloud is many things. For some it simply means rapidity of delivery, while for other it means a scalability of resources among a cloud of resources. In this second idea, you are almost guaranteed of a 100% uptime, and 0 hardware failure. Check out some offers that even have pricing per resource per hour like rackspace.
Hope this helps

Stachart
01-28-2012, 05:13 AM
what do you mean by 0 hardware failure? i know that cloud hosting work virtually, but they work on a distants physically servers? are cloud hosting on the web private interne, externe or public?

tobiasschnell
02-08-2012, 11:07 AM
cloud hosting mainly focus on increasing traffics. It is good for web 2 companies, software, hosting companies and related to that.
and as far as my knowledge concern its works virtually.

TheCreator
02-09-2012, 05:43 PM
As far as I have understood the cloud service it is good for the websites which are either delivering some kind of digital content like video service and require minimum lag for users around the world or for the sites which are very very bandwidth hungry and which have mass users visiting from various places around the globe.

Stachart
02-09-2012, 06:29 PM
you're right! a site like google need cloud hosting to work, gve fast result from anywhere on the web, more than 91 millions searches daily need a large bandwith to serve users and cloud is the solution!

tobiasschnell
02-09-2012, 09:54 PM
yup, you are right Creator

luckyshah283
03-15-2012, 05:57 PM
I am looking for a cloud because for me uptime is an important thing and also the resources ...

I am looking forward to a project with includes multiple services in one site and needs abundant resources for it..

So as the cloud is very good for starters and also doesnt cost much as for starting out and i can increase the resources as the site grows ...

nick
03-29-2012, 04:58 PM
Cloud hosting is good for the large traffic coming sites as its bandwidth is suitable for these types of sites, and from security point of view it is good as compared to other hosting.

luckyshah283
03-31-2012, 12:35 PM
Cloud hosting is good for the large traffic coming sites as its bandwidth is suitable for these types of sites, and from security point of view it is good as compared to other hosting.

Yeah that is a cool feature..... i love cloud because its resources are unlimited .. you can upgrade if you need more resources anytime ...

Well most of the big companies use cloud ... theres no doubt that Cloud is currently being used by Google, Facebook and microsoft ....

Because its the best

nick
03-31-2012, 12:50 PM
Yes luckyshah283 , major big companies like Google, Facebook and many other are using cloud hosting because it provides unlimited space for resources and we customize it as per our need.

redfox1939
07-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Cloud hosting is basically the type of web hosting that uses various servers on the virtual world in order to generate required server resource for the site. This type of web hosting is required mainly when a site is operated on different servers rather than being hosted on a single server, as the case with traditional web hosting types. The cloud hosting offers a wide variety of benefits and features and the best of them is the low costs involved in getting the hosting.

Susan_Jane
10-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Cloud computing tries to enhance the concept of Grid computing and avoid the single point of failure when one unit fails. Cloud computing is designed to act as one whole and its compound units to be automatically interchangeable. That is why cloud hosting offers the highest level of data security in the hosting market.