PDA

View Full Version : Grid hosting v/s Cloud hosting

09-15-2011, 10:09 PM
Hi everybody,

I would like to know what grid hosting offers over VPS or dedicated hosting. Also if Grid hosting offers any advantages over Cloud Hosting. Another thing I want to know is what are the main drawbacks of Grid hosting if any.

Thanks

zealvora
10-22-2011, 06:36 AM
Grid hosting was basically used during older times, it also includes Virtualization but its old.

Cloud is newer and its better and allow scalable use of resources.

bruce1
11-07-2011, 12:37 AM
When people talk about grid hosting, they usually mean clustering several dedicated to one cluster computer which is then able to run certain tasks. While cloud hosting is desired to synchronize several computers or to offer certain services on each of the computers. Those might be based on grid hosting but that is not necessary it can also be based on one dedicated.

tonylee93
11-09-2011, 03:34 AM
Honestly, I don`t really know what Grid Hosting is but the way you think about it... it seems very entertaining! Cloud hosting also seems like it can be related to grid hosting. OVerall, its just a way to host documents right?

moin11
01-28-2012, 06:55 AM
In Grid Hosting you are dependent upon the services provided by the hosting service. If there is a reliability issue with mounted volumes for instance you can not switch to an NAS or new RAID subsystem.

nick
03-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Now i thing no one is using Grid hosting. It was used in old days. Todays cloud hosting is in demand for large business sites.

luckyshah283
03-31-2012, 12:16 PM
And sorry for the stupid question ...But what is Grid Hosting ..

I should have heard about it .. but i dont really know what it is ..

Can anyone enlighten me what it is ?

Thanks in advance

luckyshah283
03-31-2012, 12:18 PM
Yeah well as for the question goes ...

I dont really know what the grid hosting is but i know about cloud hosting ..

And in todays hosting industry ...

Cloud Hosting is the best hosting available and it is the scalable and reliable ...

cloudcomputingce
05-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Honestly, I don`t really know what Grid Hosting.
But i have information about cloud hosting.
Today's hosting industry,Cloud Hosting is the best hosting available and it is the scalable and reliable .In the next few years, expect cloud hosting to continue to gain in popularity as more and more businesses are exposed to the benefits.

TheCreator
07-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Cloud is the next gen hosting and you should prefer cloud as it increase availability and performance of a site amazingly most of the big site now a days prefer cloud for their contents.

franknobby
09-04-2012, 08:04 PM
The idea of cloud hosting is one that exhibits itself often and protects a wide range of programs and features. In its easiest feeling it is the term for end customers opening processing sources they need from a cloud.

Susan_Jane
10-15-2012, 11:27 AM
Grid computing is the combination of computer resources from multiple administrative domains for a common goal.
Cloud computing is Internet-based computing, whereby shared resources, software and information are provided to computers and other devices on-demand, like a public utility.