PDA

View Full Version : Home based web hosting

moin11
01-26-2012, 11:21 AM
I am looking to establish a home based web site hosting so I want to know that Is home website hosting feasible with a home server delivering a site to the world over a broadband connection?

Stachart
01-26-2012, 07:17 PM
can colocation resolve your problem? i think colocation give you way to get connection for materials you already own! there are many sites offering this kind of services such as gothost!

frank adams
01-27-2012, 05:10 AM
Well Moin I think this Idea won't work because hosting involves code of conduct and it also contain some certain rules and regulations so may be it is impossible..

tobiasschnell
02-09-2012, 03:31 PM
As Moin, there is some rules/norms for hosting and we have to follow it for hosting. Thus i think it is not possible.
But here i am not sure, i will let you know soon if i will get any information or any other solution for this.

TheCreator
02-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Though you can deploy a website from home but I don't think you will be able to compete with world class Tier4 or tier3 or even Tier1 hosting provider because you can't simply match up the bandwidth they have.You cannot manage even a single website with 3K+ visitors on a home based internet.

tobiasschnell
02-10-2012, 01:03 PM
I think also you need good speedy internet connection to do this. will this possible from home.

BJ008
02-10-2012, 06:33 PM
I would say you can better go with collocation instead of starting it from your home because for making a successful hosting you'll need good infrastructure,continous power supply and most important good internet connection.Which is near too impossible to avail in a house unless you have a very big really big house and have very good connections with companies.

tobiasschnell
02-10-2012, 10:44 PM
yup, you can opt this one also.

luckyshah283
03-18-2012, 04:03 PM
This is supposed to be not good ... you can really host a website from home but that doesnt mean that you should .. its not a good idea because anyone can easily hack in a home based site so for that you have to establish a good security ...

if you really wanna do it go in google and do a research on Portable Server and with that you can easily host a simple static website .....

DarkRider
03-19-2012, 06:04 PM
Ya hosting a site from home is certainly not a good idea.It can cause a lot of trouble like downtimes and security breaches.

tobiasschnell
03-21-2012, 04:52 PM
Its tough to host a site from home, but it is not impossible. If you can manage speed, security, continous power supply etc then you can go with this. but be carefull if you are going to host from home.

Stachart
03-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Its tough to host a site from home, but it is not impossible. If you can manage speed, security, continous power supply etc then you can go with this. but be carefull if you are going to host from home.
Well Moin I think this Idea won't work because hosting involves code of conduct and it also contain some certain rules and regulations so may be it is impossible.. i dont think it is impossible to host a site yourself from home with an internet connection, but you must have a connection with a fixed IP, computer with server software like XAMP and connection must be permanent! it is for experienced users because you'll have to detect and resolve problems yourself!

DarkRider
03-23-2012, 04:40 PM
Yes we can't say it is impossible though their are chances that such type of hosting is not comfortable for both the visitors and webmaster/hoster.So it is better to leave this idea to specialized data centers only.

luckyshah283
03-26-2012, 02:05 AM
Yes we can't say it is impossible though their are chances that such type of hosting is not comfortable for both the visitors and webmaster/hoster.So it is better to leave this idea to specialized data centers only.

Yeah you are right ... but the thing you should be worry about is your pocket if you really wanna host a home based server ... i mean you will have to get your computer on for days or hours and thats gonna be horrifying for your electricity bill ...

hell with it ... i would just go for a free hosting to host me static site ... maybe not if we were living in the 70s ...

tobiasschnell
03-26-2012, 10:43 AM
i dont think it is impossible to host a site yourself from home with an internet connection, but you must have a connection with a fixed IP, computer with server software like XAMP and connection must be permanent! it is for experienced users because you'll have to detect and resolve problems yourself!

ok, suppose i say that it is possible to host site by home, but there will be so much expenses like electric bill expenses is on top. if you can afford this you can go with this.

nick
03-30-2012, 12:23 PM
It is not very good decision to host in home as it is not proper environment for this working. In simple word you should follow some code of conduct/ethics and this is not possible at home. Another thing is that your electricity bill will also be very expensive.
You can go with this, i am not sating that it is impossible, but the word i want to say it is not wise decision.

dikertrome
04-21-2012, 11:01 AM
Well discuss between all them. According to me if you want a website poorly enough, there are several service services that will be only too willing to design the site for you, then host it on one of their hosts for a monthly fee. If you have the cash, you can have a website of your own easily and quickly.

DarkRider
04-27-2012, 10:40 AM
This stuff is possible but not so easy if you want to know there are some guys who do have 100's of MB's of fibre connection in their home along with several units of server in their basement.

BJ008
05-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Yes I have this sort of topic on WHT and he was planing to provide backup hosting service and he had around 300 MBPS of bandwidth with 24 units for this purpose but I would like to tell you that it was for his personal use but he was trying to cover the cost by selling some online service.

webhosting11
09-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Its not a good but ,I would say you can better go with collocation instead of starting it from your home because for making a successful hosting you'll need good infrastructure,continous power supply and most important good internet connection.

domhost3
09-12-2012, 06:09 PM
I think to establish a home based web site we must have a good speed of internet access and there are many more rules for establishing it.Please go through them all once and then take a choice on it.

domhost3
09-27-2012, 06:04 PM
I think it is not possible since establishing the home based web hosting involves certain policies.As many of us are suggesting that it not a good idea i strongly advice you to quit this idea of yours.