PDA

View Full Version : VPS mirroring

moin11
01-26-2012, 07:26 PM
My question is What is VPS mirroring. Have seen some web hosts offered VPS mirroring within their VPS hosting plans.

Does it mean that their clients will have 100% network uptime?

frank adams
01-27-2012, 05:04 AM
Moin Well I don't have any specific idea about your question I think we both should look for the other members for better opinion..

tobiasschnell
02-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Well i cannot say it 100% network uptime, but the exact meaning of VPS mirroring within VPS hosting plans is that there is two vps has been used. And suppose in future one will be failed due to certain problem, the another one will be active. Thus your data will be transferd and your work will not suffered.

luckyshah283
03-15-2012, 02:15 AM
Yeah well i agree with tobiasschnell .... most of the time the webmaster buy two VPSes from the different location and does mirroring of the vps and it really help into buildig a 99% uptime or more...

its also good to stabilize the resource on the heavy vps ...

DarkRider
03-16-2012, 06:59 PM
^So is this thing is used for something like backup in case of network failures or it work like load balancing to avoid overload on one server or it is used as both?

Also can you tell me how it is done?

DarkRider
03-16-2012, 07:00 PM
^So is this thing is used for something like backup in case of network failures or it work like load balancing to avoid overload on one server or it is used as both?

Also can you tell me how it is done?