PDA

View Full Version : Features of a Good Web Host?

moin11
01-27-2012, 05:34 PM
What are the features of a good web host? plz share your thoughts.

Stachart
01-29-2012, 08:33 AM
99% uptime
latest features (mysql, php, cpanel version...)
a reasonable money back time
fast support
have their own server!
these specifications will make a web host having good status!

jamewhite86
02-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Every web designer has been seduced by the lure of free or extremely cheap web hosting. But the first time something goes wrong, they discover why choosing a web hosting provider solely on price is not a good idea.That is the good web host. thanks

saad safdar
02-01-2012, 10:54 PM
Hai everyone,

I am saad safdar as to what everyone takes into consideration when looking for a web host. Are there certain criteria that they must have?

Stachart
02-04-2012, 08:12 AM
the criteria is a webhost that fit with your need! not too small for your businesses, not out of your budget, 99% uptime, free whois privacy is important also!

TheCreator
02-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Some of the feature I look for:

1.Good Support: Without this no host can match up with ever increasing competition in hosting market.
2.Reasonable Price: Price must not be to low/high because a good host can't maintain its services and hosting bills if their prices are not well suited.
3.Clarity: A host must not hide things from its users and must keep up them whats happening on hoster's network,hiding such things leads to suspicions in users minds.
4.Uptime: uptime is the most emphasized factor but the factor is their is rarely any host which nowadays provide a uptime less 99% but you might have to look at their SLA.

Stachart
02-06-2012, 06:31 PM
now i have something new i'm looking for in web host, a think a good host must also have the max file upload by php more than 2MB, maybe at leat 4 MB! by example, using joomla, their are many extensions more than 2MB you will not be able to install with a max of 2MB upload!

TheCreator
02-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Can't we request hosting provider to increase this limit if we required i.e can't it be changed for particular accounts.

Stachart
02-07-2012, 09:50 PM
sometimes, you can ask them to change it, i personally asked my host, they told me that they sent request to personel but each time i open my cpanel, the limit is still 2MB! sometimes, they allow you to change it yourself!

tobiasschnell
02-09-2012, 11:34 PM
Yeah, when we have good relation with the host provider then it is possible that provider will agree to provide you personally service as per your customization.
Some features are:-
1. Uptime
2. Customer Service
3. Web Storage
4. Bandwidth
5. Cost

nick
02-19-2012, 10:59 AM
Hi saad safdar, you have to set your criteria as per your need, budget and business. but the some important feature always keep in mind like 99% uptime, good web storage, bandwidth, customer service review of that provider.

luckyshah283
03-15-2012, 05:50 PM
Well the only thing that makes a good host is the customer service especially in the field of Web hosting ....

I say that Uptime also does matter and also a stable company with stable server..

nick
03-21-2012, 11:03 AM
luckyshah283, customer service and satisfaction is the first point for all service provider business. because customer, you can not do any business. in any B2C business, customer id focused first.

redfox1939
07-22-2012, 11:57 AM
When choosing your web hosting, one of your primary concerns will obviously be “How much data can I store?” For most small and medium web sites, you’ll find that several gigabytes should be plenty of storage. Some hosts may offer “unlimited storage”: caveat emptor! If you read the fine print (usually, the Terms and Services) you’ll find that it’s unlimited until you go over the “normal site usage.” If you think you might be close to or over whatever “normal” is, make sure you know what you can use before buying … or go with a host that sets clear limits.

franknobby
09-04-2012, 08:08 PM
The charges required for hosts are more than often the primary purpose having back people who are desperate to develop up their own sites on the Internet to identify a existence in the exclusive globe.

redfox1939
09-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Free web hosting may seem like the best way to go, but most free hosts pay for the services with advertising that is placed on your website. There also may be extreme rules about what can be posted on your site.

Website Design (http://www.webpartnergroup.com/) your web business partner

domhost3
10-03-2012, 05:33 PM
Here are the features that i think a web host should have:
They should have their own dedicated server
The uptime should be maximum
It should be reliable and cost effective.

zita
05-24-2013, 04:27 PM
Perhaps, The very few things required that makes a web Host Best:
1, 24*7 Excellent, Quick Support.
2. 99.9% Server Uptime
3. Good Control panel and other extra features
4. Affordable Price.