PDA

View Full Version : Can I become a cloud host?

moin11
01-27-2012, 09:17 PM
I have a silly and simple question Can I become a cloud host?If yes what will be the method of becoming host and what will be the requriments for it.Plz tell me in detail.

Stachart
01-28-2012, 03:45 AM
i got an OS course today and they talked about cloud hosting exactly! the requierement was:
a large bandwith
a fast connection between server
need also a standard apps! web browser!

TheCreator
02-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Definitely you can if you have strong dedication and ability to hold the responsibility of a full time server administrator.You will need following things in order to become a cloud hosting provider:

1.A through knowledge of various linux distros,windows server edition and unix.
2.You must know how to secure your servers and sites.
3.You must have good understanding with various Data Centers from where you'll be getting your servers.Because it is one of the main factor which will decide whether you'll make profit or not.
4.You must also decide what kind of audience you'll sell your cloud products to.
5.Also you might need a good team of professional because hosting work can be really tiring.

tobiasschnell
02-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Off course you can do this. If you have passion for this then definitely you can and i will also help to you in further any queries. As you have already get answer of your question. Creator & Stachart both have given you good idea of this.
Thus i think no need to repeat theses again, but in future feel free to ask any queries.

luckyshah283
03-16-2012, 01:24 AM
Yeah well a most of the major site hosters are starting their own network of cloud hosting servers and providing for others ...

And its really not that easy but not that hard too ... you just gotta have to have multiple dedicated servers to create a network of cloud servers with VMWare virtualization ... you gotta have to have the technology information or hire a professional ...

DarkRider
03-16-2012, 05:56 PM
Yes you can be a cloud host but you must bear in mind that you can't take it as part time job you have to give your most of the time to it.

Also you need a good starting investment like for buying servers and softwares.I would suggest you to spent a bit of money in providing support too this will help to bring long term customers.

redfox1939
07-22-2012, 12:01 PM
easiest thing is really for you to use a current provider's infrastructure. Setting up a fully redundant, scalable and flexible cloud takes quite a bit of work

avjy27
07-23-2012, 02:53 PM
you need dedicated server,4th generation Secure cloud hosting that's lightning-fast – even during the biggest traffic spikes.
10 GB Space
Unlimited Bandwidth
Free Setup & Software!
24/7 Email, Phone & Web Support
i got this facility from this provider tucktail.com for my cloud hosting..

domhost3
10-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Exactly..You can become cloud host easily with the following resources.
You must have the bandwidth that has to be required
And a faster network connection to the web server and a larger disc space to store various web sites online.

Terra.bishop
05-28-2013, 12:47 AM
Good write-up, I'm normal visitor of hostspeech com , maintain up the nice operate, and It is going to be a regular visitor for a long time