Host Speech Sponsors

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CPanel For VPS?

Host Master

CPanel For VPS?

I saw a few days back a host offering a VPS with CPanel optimized for vps.So I would appreciate if anybody here can please tell me what is difference between a cpanel optimized for vps than normal CPanel version?

Host Master
    I think that it is a special version of cpanel which is modified to give best performance in virtualized environment which might not be possible with a standard cpanel version which runs on a dedicated.

Host Master
    There is actually no difference with Cpanel for VPS and normal cpanel then basic changes ...

cpanel is just cpanel its makes no difference just to which it runs in a VPS or a dedicated .. ...

Host Master
    Yep cpanel for vps is just a another version of classic cpanel which is optimized to work efficiently on vps but that doesn't make any difference to its functionality for the end user.

For hosting buyers it is same.

Host Designer
    basically cpanel is control panel and there is no difference of cpanel for vps or for a dedicated. the functionality is same in both.

Host Master
    Cpanel is the control panel we use for maintaining the website. There is no difference between cpanel whether it is for vps, shared or dedicated. but if you will use different cpanel in different host server then it may be that we can look some difference due to service provided by cpanel will differ to each other.

Host Designer
    I just idea about cPanel is that it will allow you to sell web hosting to clients and develop web hosting reseller accounts to sell to other resellers. Acquiring a license for your virtual private server is a sound investment, and that is just one of the factors we are proud to offer WHM to VPS link customers.
    Last edited by dikertrome; 05-02-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Host Master
    Hey I think you are bit mistaken cpanel is used for server managment and resource allocation on the server where as WHM is used to provide a online interface for people to buy products from you it is basically like a well integrated ticket system but you can't use it in place of cpanel for server managment.

Super Noob
    no different in version, vps license just cost less.

Baby Hoster

CPanel For VPS?

If all you really need is to have a reliable place to host your website, and a couple email accounts, then chances are good the VPS and it's responsibilities are not what you need. A reliable shared or managed host of some kind would be a better option for you.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast