Host Speech Sponsors

Closed Thread
    Host Master

How often do you Reboot your VPS ?

Hello everyone,

So i just wanted to ask you guys that how often do you guys reboot your vps .. i personally do it every couple of weeks just for the maintenance purpose ...

So what about you ?

Host Master
    It really depends how often new releases of my softwares come.Some time I have to reboot twice or more in single day due to some update but sometime I don't have to renew it for months.

But I do so this monthly if we leave updating which happen few times.

We do not have scheduled reboot of our VPS servers, because the normal operation of these servers does nor require rebooting on a regular basis. The only reboots which we perform are either upon customers' request or upon performing server side changes/upgrades. In the latter case we inform our customers in advance so that they can in turn inform the visitors in case the maintenance involves any temporary disruptions of the provided service.
    vpswebserver.com - Windows VPS hosting by VPSWebServer.com ? Dedicated hardware ? MS Hyper-V technology ?

Only when big updates occur.

Host Master
    I don't really reboot my server untill it is unavoidable because I can't afford the downtime of even 2min so I rarely reboot my vps.

Host Master
    I think you should have at least one reboot in a month or two some time it helps to get rid of some resource consuming processes which are not closed properly.

Baby Hoster
    Rebooting your system is truly based on the software updation that often happens in your system.If you have more updates then you will have to reboot your system for each updation depending on its necessary.