Host Speech Sponsors

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Design issue

Host Designer

Design issue

I would like to know that I need to get away from tables and use DIV instead. Does it really matter how I code the site as long as it has a good design and is easy to navigate?
    Is using div usually makes my design easier to be styled later on?
    Just make sure about this.

Host Master
    tobiasschnell, i think div will be be ng i neficial and make your design easier to be styled. but frankly speaking, i have not any personal experience with these type design.

Host Designer
    that means nick you will suggest me to use div. ok, i will use it my design and will let you know soon.

Host Master
    tobiasschnell, as i have said earlier that i have not any personal experience with this but have head good about this. thus just use it and see what happened.

Host Speech Heart
    Quote Originally Posted by tobiasschnell View Post
    I would like to know that I need to get away from tables and use DIV instead. Does it really matter how I code the site as long as it has a good design and is easy to navigate?
    Is using div usually makes my design easier to be styled later on?
    Just make sure about this.
    if div resolve your problem and give you nice design, so keep it! i use table only when div cannot be powerful! i personnally use div and span in design, table have sometimes problem of compatibility with browsers!

Host Master
    now tobiasschnell, you can go with div without any hesitation as Stachart has personal experience of using this one. and this is good to know for my knowledge also.

A web designer is rarely displayed on the page's control, because it depends on the browser. However, all kinds of browser pages look similar challenges, as well as an incentive. Simple, clean and a little color and a lot of blank website can be a good site.

Host Master
    But peterblackr, some website work properly on one browser and on another it doesn't well normal. How is this happening. Is this designing concern or other. Actually i just saw one site on Google Chrome and it is fine, but same site is not well on IE.

Host Speech Heart
    Yes,I have the similar suggestion for you.As long as you find the best design with the DIV you need to keep on using it or else you can move to the table.

Host Speech Heart
    Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    But peterblackr, some website work properly on one browser and on another it doesn't well normal. How is this happening. Is this designing concern or other. Actually i just saw one site on Google Chrome and it is fine, but same site is not well on IE.
    to increase chance to see a website the same way on multiples browser, you must have the latest version! by example, internet explorer (all version before IE8) dont accept rounded border but the latest version allow it, internet explorer 6 dont support png image properly and more... try to have a scrit with a warning message for users to update browsers!
    Last edited by Stachart; 04-08-2012 at 09:26 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast