Host Speech Sponsors

+ Reply to Thread

Pointing domain to other server

Hi all,
    I have a domain registered on networksolution.com and website hosted on bluehost.com .
    Now I want to change the hosting from bluehost to godaddy. For this I have changed the DNS record in networksolutions.com and uploaded the files
    through ftp in godaaddy.com with changes in config.php , database links etc but still the website is running from bluehost.com, I have also added an Addon domain
    in godaddy

Can anyone help what else I have to do so my site run through godaddy rather than bluehost with domain still remain registered on networksolutions.com

Host Speech Heart
    Using Non-HostGator DNS Servers
    If you do not use our DNS servers, you will need to manually update the individual DNS records on the remote DNS server, and HostGator staff will not be able to make changes for you. Also, any changes to your HostGator server, such as adding subdomains or a change in IP address, will not be reflected in the remote DNS automatically as they would if you used our DNS. If you are uncomfortable doing this, we recommend you use our nameservers instead.

Ok thanks for the information

Go to your previous hosting panel and add the ip of your new server into the DNS record or A record entries and this would direct the traffic to the new server ip
    Hope this would resolve the issue quickly

Go to your previous hosting panel and add the ip of your new server into the DNS record or A record entries and this would direct the traffic to the new server ip
    Hope this would resolve the issue quickly

Host Speech Heart
    Following steps to Pointing domain to other server:
    Login to your Bluehost Control Panel.
    Click the Domain link, at the top of the page.
    Choose your domain name from the list of domains.
    Then click the Name Servers tab.
    Select Use Custom Nameservers.
    Enter in the new name servers.
    Click Save Nameserver Settings.

Using "Point to Another Server" tool you can easily point your domain to another server.