Host Speech Sponsors

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Windows is better operating system than any other operating system. I like to use windows because you can run this OS in any type of computer or laptop. Windows OS published by Microsoft windows. I like to use this operating system because it is very quick and easy to understanding. Windows is multi tasking operating system.

Host Designer
    I preferred Linux because it was developed with the support of developers from around the world under an open certificate that has since made it freely available to everyone. Today, it is powerful, reliable and very efficient and it has regularly confirmed itself as a preferred solution for web hosting servers.

Host Master
    For new user linux can be a bit of confusing if you choosed a wrong distribution but if you choosed the right one than I would say youll love the linux/unix over any other OS.

Linux based VPS better choice than a Windows based VPS

More Affordable Hosting Solution - GNU/Linux is an open-source software by its nature and as a result of this it doesn’t require licensing fees to download, redistribute and use it.

Better Performance
    - Generally, a Linux VPS is a lot better and faster than a Windows based VPS

Maximum Security - When it comes to security, no operating system is a hundred percent secure and thereby GNU/Linux is no exception at all, however security in GNU/Linux is far above the security of a Windows installation
    Last edited by cloudcomputingce; 05-07-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Host Master
    Yes you have mentioned some of the best reasons we all of us prefer windows over linux and I think these three points are important enough for a person to choose linux/GNU for hosting.

web hosting

Definitely i will help you .Its depends upon usage.If your website relies on .net or visual basic, Windows hosting is an excellent choice.Linux web hosting is better for website developer because Linux has the upper hand against other operating systems .If you want to need anyone of the web hosting visit thewebpole.com

Host Master
    Yes if your site mostly require .net or aspx work than their no chances that you can do this efficiently on a linux box so it is your compulsion to go with a windows server.I don't like this much because it limits your ability to customize unlike linux distros.

Linux hosting is one of the most widespread and significant hosting service on the snare. The major cause for this web hosting is that numerous companies which are utilizing it are open causes and rather inexpensive contrasted to Windows.

Host Master
    Yes vast acceptence of linux is what make it the best hosting platform in the hosting industry and I am pretty sure nobody will choose a hefty charged product over a free available aleternative which perform better the paid one.

i prefer to choose linux hosting its more security